For those who choose to let their hair grow up and out. Rock the Afro-Pick Tee Today!
In conjunction with a fist raised high, the Afro stood as a much needed image of self-proclamation and liberation in the ‘70s, an era when cultural revolution was the norm. Like the fist, the Afro radically challenged expected standards of Blackness in America. The Afro Pick was no less a symbol of the same sentiment,especially when adorned with a raised fist on the handle’s tip. Although the Pick had its beginnings in Egypt over 5,500 years ago, it has a renewed importance today as a symbol of evolution. In a time when more and more people are choosing to let their hair defy gravity as it naturally does, we see a repeat in history of that necessary self-realization over 40 years later. It has transcended from just an accessory of a funky decade into an artifact representing liberation -- forever connecting us to the past, of today, and the future, one pick at a time.
* Unisex fit – ladies order a size down for a more form fitted look
• Gold shirt with black water-based print that fades at the bottom
• 100% Airlume combed and ring-spun cotton
• Artwork size: 4"w x 13.8"h
• Model is 5'5", 32C and wearing size X-Small